Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lesson 1 Defining Creativity


Lesson 1 Defining Creativity

What is “creativity”?

According to the dictionary explanations, “creative” is having the ability or power to create idea (Yahoo dictionary). As the noun word of creative, “creativity” is the ability to generate innovative ideas and manifest them from thought into reality (Wikipedia).

In my opinion, creativity is more than some ideas pop up in the brain. To me, creativity is also can be defined as “thinking something other people afraid to think (never thinking) or something defined impossible”.

I believe that our cognitive are shaped by the education which telling us what is “right” and what is “wrong”. Of course, they just give their experience to the younger ones. Schools define the world before we have our chance to recognize it, so to a lot of people are hold their creativity in the “right” zone, they afraid their ideas been seen as “wrong” or “weird”. If the line of the rule is just a dot to them (ignore the “barrier”), they can come up with greater idea or imagination. But it is hard to make your mind through the boundaries.

This is my cousin drawing of me, she is a industrial designer and she is not good in hand drawing, but she got incredible creativity, she draw every part of my face as kitchen appliances. Althought the drawing is definately not looked liked me, but seeing something in different way is kind of creativity.

This is the my drawing of my cousin, I put crazy makeup on her face and her looked like character from fantasy.

No comments: